Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Banana Coins!


So easy, so yummy, and yes, nutritious. Uses up bananas too. I'd suggest using new bananas for this idea (not green, not brown, just nice and yellow). I use 2-3 bananas out of a bunch for the coins and the rest can go for bread, smoothies, or just plain munchin'.

No oven or dehydrator needed for this yummy snack, just a freezer. Check it out.

Select your bananas, peel them, and slice them into discs, or coins. Lay them in a single layer on a cookie sheet, so they can freeze individually. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Now get them in the freezer. they will not brown, they just get frozen. You will not be chipping a tooth on these though. They never freeze completely through, they get a frozen custard texture to them. Great anytime you just need a little pick-me-up, and especially great treat on a hot day... and those will be coming up. Once they are frozen, you can put them all in a baggie and they will stay separate and ready for nibbling!

Now I said they are nutritious and they are. The bananas we know have natural sugars in them, which gives you a healthier boost than an energy drink, but bananas have potassium as well. The ground cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugar... not to mention delicious on the bananas.

I tell ya if I had to choose between these, and a processed crunchie munchie... I'd choose these! My chief taste tester concurs... he really likes them! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment