Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Steak Sandwich


So we had this leftover meat from the grill fest a couple nights ago. Some beef was used in last night's red beans and rice... more on that tomorrow. Tonight's dinner helped use up the leftover beef. Open up the fridge and what do we have?

Well, the beef of course, then there's a tomato and some spinach, then of course the bread. Our sandwich begins.

Tomato gets sliced up, beef too... remember to slice against the grain of meat unless you want to pull out a whole hunk during your first bite of sandwich. Warm beef. Now to assemble.

I confess to getting a little condiment happy this time around. Nut is a straight mayo and dijon guy. I wanted to get a little adventurous. On one slice, I spread creamy horseradish, the dotted hot sauce over that. On the other slice, I did barbeque sauce. I layered the tomato, beef and spinach and it was great... not to mention there are most of the food groups in this sandwich... we didn't have cheese at the ready, so didn't make it into the sandwich.

It was a good dinner. Light, satisfying, healthy and most important... my taste tester liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment