Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Bees - The Last of the Leftovers

The egg foo young I left alone. just defrosted it. The gravy, I added a couple tablespoons of peanut butter and a half a handful of sugar, and it became a sauce from my egg foo young egg rolls (inside the rolls).

I made a batch of whole wheat tortillas again... I'm thinking people, that this might be a serious go to dough!

Once they were rolled out, I spread peanut sauce, recipe below, and simply the egg foo young for the filling. Roll like a simple burrito, then flatten for better frying.

Two extra tortillas were rolled out, and those were fried into puffy, crispy chips, lightly seasoned with salt.

The eggrolls fried up nicely. My oil was a bit hot, but they were still good and what's more, My taste tester liked them... woohoo!!

This recipe has been about making the best out of leftovers. It doesn't stop with this meal. The oil used for the frying, can be re-used for another fried use. I have a separate bottle of oil specifically for this. I strain the cooled oil and use for one, maybe two more meals before it just shouldn't be used anymore. Oil, by that time, has broken down, to a point that it has given its all. Until then, we have oil to fry again.

Tomorrow, I need to make bread. While the bread is baking, we will be warming and re-crisping the leftover eggrolls, for lunch. Making the best use of our propane is one of the things we are about. The oven will already be used for the bread. The leftover eggrolls, warmed in the same heat will be a crispy, comforting, belly filling treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment