Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sweet Hot Hawaiian


Tired of leftover ham from New Year's? Try a Hawaiian pizza! That's what we are doing tonight.... yummy! What excites me the most is that this is so food budget friendly, because it's basically a free meal. The ham is leftover from holidays, the cheese was already out if the freezer, the sauce was in the pantry, as was the pineapple, and I'm making the dough for the crust.

One recipe Dough for One ready to use
pasta sauce, any type
leftover ham
pineapple chunks
mozzarella cheese
(and on my half, jalapeno slices... see below)

We've all seen pizza assembled... dough, sauce, toppings, bake. This is the same. Pizza is cooked in a 450 oven for 25 minutes.`

I so love the idea of making homemade pizza. It really helps in using up leftover food and can be tailored to one's own taste, as I did with adding jalapenos to mine... and I have to say, with the richness of the cheese and the sweet of the pineapple and ham, the surprising pop of a bite of jalapeno was fantastic!

Nut's Taste Tester Results: Taste was really good, but crust was a bit heavy. Based on that I think I might, use 3/4 of the dough towards the pizza next time and the remainder for two dinner rolls, baked along side of the pizza but removed after the first 15 minutes of baking. Whatever you have for dinner tomorrow, you now have dinner rolls to mop up the goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment