Thursday, February 2, 2012

Smothered Burger Sliders

Last nights smothered burgers provided some tasty leftovers. The burgers and the sauce are going to be split into two components.

Tonight, it was the burgers and some friends from the fridge.

We had dinner rolls already in the fridge, and the two burgers that were left, we cut into four pieces each. Then Nut and I made our own dream sliders.

Nut decided on the traditional: warmed burger and bun, dress with ketchup and mustard.

I decided to play with some flavors.

Out of the fridge, there was still some leftover peanut sauce from the egg foo young eggrolls, and some spicy italian pickled vegetables, and hot sauce.
Here's how my favorite bite was assembled:

I started out the same way as Nut, with warmed roll and burger, but I dipped my bun in some of the sauce before warming.

Next, on top half, I drizzled some hot chili sauce, and added carrot and cauliflower of the pickled vegetables. The bottom side got a generous slather of the leftover peanut sauce. Add burger, add top to bottom, press and bite.

Wonderful!

It was so many flavor points at once... salty, sweet, sour, spicy. Delicious!

Learning more about new food tastes has helped me develop less mundane meals, even if I have the same ol' ingredients to work with every day. Don't be afraid to try new flavors. That was the beauty of having this slider dinner tonight. Not only did we reinvent some leftovers, but with each of us assembling own sliders, Nut could have his taste, and I could try something unusual on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment