Saturday, February 4, 2012

Flour Power - Bread and Biscuits


Time for a baking day. Bread is needed, as well biscuits for breakfast. Here's what I'm doing:

Bread

I took it easy on myself and just did a one loaf recipe. I used the Dough for One recipe and formed the whole thing into a loaf. I hadn't yet used that recipe for an actual loaf so this was the perfect time to get that done. the recipe is here. One thing I realized I did but it was too late, is that I put 1T of yeast into the dough mix instead of the 1t I always used. In the end result was good... I think it raised too fast, and maybe I have too big a loaf pan, but all in all, I think it's a crispy crusted, chewy, rustic loaf. When my chief taste tester tried it, he asked if I could make it again... I call that one A-1 success!

Biscuits

I found a whole wheat biscuit recipe on AllRecipes.com. It was a great starter recipe for making my own biscuits, and they turned out great. Two things I'm going to change the next time. One is cutting them different shapes (my bad... I was feverishly looking for something to cut perfect biscuit rounds and Nut said to just cut them. So I did, but something in my brain said biscuit fingers.) So that's kinda what happened. Great for snackins but I think I may have an idea for tomorrow's breakfast...y'all better check back to find out... it might be really good. The second item is adding 2T honey, maple syrup, or molasses for the sweetening... I'll keep you posted!

Taste Tester Results: He actually liked them, especially the flakiness. He's already eaten a couple with hazelnut spread on them. That's a good sign. Score!!

No comments:

Post a Comment