Monday, February 6, 2012

Nacho Night

This doesn't happen much in our family... not the healthiest dish in the world, but very tasty.

The ingredients are pretty obvious but I'll go through them anyway.

1 lb hamburger
1 pkg taco seasoning
some jarred cheese stuff, (you choose the brand)
ketchup
sour cream
(I like a little hot sauce too)

It's a really basic recipe... brown the hamburger... add the taco seasoning. Prepare according to pkg directions.

the plating:
Tortilla chips... We chose whole grain scoopable chips which are actually quite yummy on their own!
next is the taco meat
then is dollops of ketchup, sour cream, and melted cheese stuff.

Yes, it's a guilty pleasure. What I like most about it, is not just the meal, but more so, our personal tradition. This is Nut's meal. He created it, and he cooks it. My happy treats are the little bites of loaded chips before the plate even gets to me. As the browned hamburger simmers into taco yumminess, I get treated with chips topped with sour cream or that cheese stuff... sometimes he even scoops a bit of the hamburger. ...Yes I am pampered!

I think this meal has taught me about food traditions. It doesn't matter if the food is simple, or looks sloppy of the plate. It's comfort food. The traditions that come with it are as important as how good the food tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment